The Charlotte Philatelic Society was founded in 1963 to enhance and
stimulate the hobby of stamp collecting for the Charlotte area. The club is affiliated with
the American Philatelic Society. The club sponsors each year in late July a
dealer bourse and exhibition called Charpex which started in 1965. Early presidents were Herman Bauman, Justine Schrapper,
Ferenc Sajgo and Charles Yates. The club has 72 members, as of May 2013. All
stamp collectors are welcome to attend the meetings.
For more information about the
Charlotte Philatelic Society, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call club president Gene Zhiss at 704.553.8110.
The club meets monthly, usually the first Sunday of the month, at 1:30pm in the Overcash Building on the campus of Central Piedmont Community College. Free parking is available in the Theater parking desk at 1235 E. 4th Street, Charlotte, NC 28204.
Click here for a large map of the campus.